Hardware, Software And Network Support
We provide 24/7 hardware, software and network support for the following platforms:
- Desktop and laptop installation and support.
- Server installation, configuration and maintenance including Exchange, MS SQL, ISA etc.
- Linux Servers including Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, SUSE etc.
- Software support such as Microsoft Office, Pastel, Quickbooks etc.
- Backup solutions for your desktop, servers or entire network.
- Virus and spyware removal.
- Printer services and hardware repairs.
- Fax services.
- Network installations and maintenance.
- ADSL support.
- ADSL and wireless packages.
- VOIP and PBX solutions.
- Sales of any computer related equipment, consumables and software.
These tech support services are provided as on-site support, remote support, over the phone support or per SLA as both in sourced or outsourced options.
On the support front, our support system is structured into 2 distinct levels (only applicable to the Western Cape) with specific technicians assigned to each level. Each level represents a specific technical requirement that coincides with the requisite experience levels as follows:
Level 1 is standard “Desktop” support that includes any and all workstation related requirements as well as basic networking – everything a very small business should need.Level 2 is “server” and “Linux” level support including intermediate networking and all Microsoft Server requirements – this is an advanced level tech for bigger small businesses and those clients that want higher experience levels.
Each job that is generated on our side is automatically but specifically assigned to one of the levels above. A lower tech is not allowed to work on a job that is on a level higher than his specification but a higher level tech may work on any job deemed lower than his specification based on one of the following scenarios:
- The client requests it.
- Time constraints require that the job be attended to when a lower level tech is not available.
- The tech wants to handle the specific job.
It is important to note that the time of each level will be billed at different rates which can be seen on our rates page.
Please note that our billing time segment still remain the same – 0.25 hour segments for remote or workshop work and 0.50 hour segments for on-site work.
These changes also mean that certain techs can no longer work on certain equipment or in specific scenarios, this might seem counterproductive but it is truly structured to provide top level support, better service and more focused expertise to all our customers.
How our support time is billed:
- On-site Support is billed in 0.50 hour segments.
- Remote and telephonic support is billed in 0.25 hour segments.
- There is no "call-out fee" but we do bill travel to the customer at our standard rates for the time spent on the round trip from our closest office.
- Travel discounts are provided for return customers on a case to case and SLA basis.
- Discounts are provided based on volume or SLA.
Time Segment Definitions:
Normal: Labour performed during normal business hours, Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 17:00 excluding public holidays.
Normal after hours: Labour performed outside of normal business hours, Monday to Friday from 06:00 to 08:00 and from 17:00 to 23:00 and from 06:00 to 23:00 on Saturdays and public holidays.
Special after hours: Labour performed outside of Normal and Normal After Hours times. That would mean Sundays (entire day) as well as Working days, Saturdays and public holidays from 23:00 to 06:00