ADSL still remains the most popular connectivity method for users and businesses that are looking for a good balance between price (per GB), performance and reliability. We provide these services as close to our cost as possible due to two reasons; we are a "value added service provider" and would like to genuinely add value to any business relationship and we do not agree with the high cost of bandwidth in our fair country. We consciously provide connectivity fed by various top tier service providers, as this ensures top speeds and "up-time" to our customers.
Please check our rates page for prices.
ADSL lines and bundles:
These lines are in essence still provided, installed and supported by Telkom, we simply provide this service to enable our customers to pay for both their bandwidth and ADSL line rental through a single point of contact.
For any of these offerings you require a compatible Telkom telephone line. Please contact us for more information on ADSL bundles as we have a large selection for both capped and uncapped packages.
- All bandwidth is "top quality" - remember, if another provider is cheaper then there is a reason for the price difference. The old saying "you get what you pay for" stands true when it comes to bandwidth and hosting in SA.
- Almost all Internet services in South Africa are dependent on services provided by the likes of Telkom, Neotel, Vodacom etc. ICT Empire can unfortunately not guarantee any such service further than the independent guarantees (or lack thereof in certain cases) provided by these service providers. We do however endeavour to assist customers with managing outages as best possible and completely guarantee those services we have control over.
- From our experience, ADSL still offer the best value versus reliability ratio locally. We have seen consumers fall into the trap of going with a cheaper option that end up costing considerably more than a comparative ADSL solution when you add the costs to maintain its reliability and "up-time" to meet the ADSL norm.
- There are various benefits and "negative" points associated with almost all of the services provided and it is almost always wise to call us to discuss these points before making a purchasing decision.
- We offer a full range of wired and wireless router options for any Internet connectivity need, we have a preference to certain brands due to its low maintenance costs and also offer installation and configuration services.